Hello Clan! Following our update cycle, today we’re releasing a new alpha version: 0.3.0 Guanaco.
Thanks to everyone who joined us in the livestream where we showcased many of the new features and content. We added a new area 🌾, a new season ☀, expanded the processors 🧀, added plants 🍆, animals 🐃, & more!
With so much new content we couldn’t start at the beginning, so we’ll tell you a bit about a new event, The Rite of Passage.
The Clan’s success depends on every adult being a contributing member of society. So the passage from adolescence to adulthood is something to be celebrated. As a new adult, you go through this rite on the 7th day, taking an oath and learning about your guardian spirit.
We’ve got many features and content planned for the next alpha iteration, which releases in early August. Next up we’re adding the Fall season and beach region. We also plan to give extra attention to animals by starting work on the “pets” mechanic and making tamed animals go in/out of sheds.
Stay tuned next month for the mid-cycle devlog with more insight on these and more content!
Alpha 0.3.0 Guanaco - Changelog
- New region: savanna.
- New season: summer.
- Rite of Passage event on day 7.
- 8+ new plants.
- 2 new fruit trees and items: olive & almond.
- New tameable animals: bison & guanaco.
- Music for spring and summer for the existing regions.
- Seasonable resources, decorations, maps, gatherables, plants, etc.
- Timeline utilities to move objects and characters in events and cutscenes.
- Unlock Known Land region mechanic.
- Razor and milker tools, and animal items obtained from them.
- Male/female animals can have different products.
- The Land Between Two Rivers is now fully open.
- 40+ new dialogues with conditions (season, idea researched, etc.)
- Improved NPC pathfinding and default speed.
- Improved targeting.
- Animal herd schedules and locations.
- Animals don’t need “Attune” if they already have some friendship.
- Updated morning light color.
- Minimap for Savanna and updates to The Land.
- 2 new processors: smoker and press with new items.
- Inventory, seeds, and tools menu support drag & drop and split of items.
- Seeds menu radial selector.
- Discard items from inventory.
- Drop items from inventory.
- Item hint in the contribution bin and storage box.
- Last bed where the player slept persists between saves.
- Auto walk/run toggle setting.
- Keyboard layout setting (QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, custom).
- Name animals.
- Release animals to the wild.
- Multiple sheds.
- Migrated project to Unity 2020 LTS.
- Wrong contribution total in save menu.
- Missing collider in cave.
- Fishing minigame cattail visual glitch.
- Spelling and grammar errors in dialogues.
- Tree hit when “Shake” while holding hand axe or axe.
- Oven collider placement.
- Object layers errors: paths under grass, paths on top of well, can’t place path if producer is on top, etc.
- Animals not reaching their destination.
- Forest rocks colliders.
- Hand mortars process wrong items when inventory is full.
- Animal desync in multiplayer after flute playing fails.
- Ideas can be started multiple times.
- When Paused, opening the map with M freezes the game.
- UI stays open when forced to sleep at 2am, sometimes breaking the game.
- When a game where the sundial was already built is loaded, the time is still shown as Morning, Noon, etc.
- Mouse sometimes disappears when in the Summary UI after going to sleep.
- Stuck waiting for other players' answers in multiplayer cutscenes.
- Some days you can't wake up after going to sleep, but time continues to pass.
- Player becomes invisible when making too many clicks while using the mortar.
- If the inventory is full and you're grinding wheat, once you're done with the wheat it will start consuming the selected item (even if it's not grindable) and you'll lose the item.
- Can’t exit house because Ostrich laid an egg in entry and it bounces player back.
- NPC emotes under player/objects on top.