PATCH NOTES ALPHA V.35 (Extraterrestrial)
We hope you’ve been enjoying the summer weather. Take in a good five minutes of sunlight before you shut your curtains for the remainder of the season and jump into the latest update of The Universim!
If you’ve been enjoying the game so far and want to spread the love like a warm breeze, leave us a review on Steam. Our devs receive a candy pizza for every positive review that comes in.
The Universim is currently being featured in the Steam Summer Sale with a 20% discount! If you or someone you know hasn’t picked the game up yet, it’s a great time to hop aboard.
Here’s what’s new:
As Nuggets edge ever closer to the stars, extraterrestrial civilizations have begun to take notice. Be prepared for unexpected visitors, as well as whatever phenomena these events may bring. This is only the first contact, however, so expect to see more in future updates.
Nuggets have never been very competent at anything, and now it’s going to come with a cost. If uneducated Nuggets are assigned to a position beyond their capabilities, there may be unpleasant consequences. We’re talking fires, explosions, and chemical disasters.
An improvement to Bunkers that adds a new layer of comfort and protection. It’s a great place to take shelter from a disaster, or to Nugflix and chill.
A whole load of fancy tech stuff takes place behind these doors. Nuggets (well, mostly machines) are hard at work molding components and materials required to take the next step into space.
Leaning Tower - A familiar tower is now available to be discovered and built. It’s a little askew, but that makes it unique.
Desert Rose - Welcome to the world’s most luxurious resort. Made from the finest materials, complete with 24-carat gold inlay on the walls. No expense was spared in its construction.
- UFO with 3 different actions (destroy buildings, kidnap Nuggets, kidnap animals).
- Uneducated Nugget Disasters (They can start a plague, cause an explosion, fire).
- Modern Bunker.
- Leaning Tower.
- Desert Rose.
- Eye of the World.
- Carbon Factory.
- Medieval and Modern Hats and Masks are added
- Fixed: Fire causes Nugget AI to break.
- Fixed: NRE when opening a trading panel after loading a save.
- Fixed: Big meteor hitting the water would stay on top of water for a short time
- Fixed: Opening the quick access menu for creator power did not blur the background for better visibility
- Fixed: The game would not correctly load the save file after trading menu was initialized causing the save file being corrupted
- Fixed: Sometimes space boxes would be duplicated and spawned one on top of another one.
- Fixed: Creator powers were being casted twice on a target therefore reducing the amount of CP drastically.
- Fixed: Creator power icons duplication in the quick access menu
- Fixed: An issue when a nugget dies in the water, previously he would still float on the water
- Fixed: Shock and Awe status would cause nuggets to get stuck and stand still
- Fixed: Decals were being reset to be “On” every single time the game was reloaded. All the save settings are now being saved correctly.
- Fixed: Previously nuggets would not die from fire and other destructive powers while being inside the building that received the damage
- Fixed: Incorrect label for the steel factory perk
General balance changes / Improvements:
- Reworked Picking system
- Adjusted How fire shock radius is calculated in order to prevent nuggets that are far away to run away from a fire
- The size of the bunker panel was increased
- Initial bunker capacity was increased from 20 -> 32 spots
- The total number of spots for the bunker was changed from 32 -> 64
- The number of slots in a row was changed from 6 to 8
- Steel and plastic resources size was enlarged by 50% for better visibility
- The rest of the resources received 20%, 25% and 40% increase in size
- Adjusted Steel Factory perk on the research graph to be unlocked before Modern Refineries
- Modern Refineries now require Steel to be built instead of metal
- The lifetime of the building that is on fire was increased by 100% in order to allow firefighters to get on time and stop the fire.
- Uneducated nuggets working in Carbon, Chemical, Plastic factories as well as Farm, Hospital, Rehabilitation Center and University can cause a Plague now.
- Uneducated Nuggets working in Cement, Clone Center, Eatery, Electronic Components Factory, Engineers Hut, Fiber Factory, Gas Plant, Glass Factory, Oil Tower, Police Station, Steel Factories and Refineries can start a fire
- Uneducated Nuggets working in Fuel Factory can cause an Explosion.
- Majority of the buildings received an education requirement. Certain buildings that were built in a stone age got those requirements removed.
- Leaning Tower implementation.
- Bunker modern era upgrade.
- Desert Rose model implementation.
- Eye Of The World model implementation.
- All resource models were updated regarding size, some of them got additional texture upgrade.
- Carbon Factory was implemented.
- Construction menu update added cloud renders for: modern bunker, leaning tower, Desert Rose and Eye Of the World.
- Added puzzle elements for: Leaning Tower, Desert Rose and Eye Of The World.
- Added construction menu icon for Desert Rose.
Before you go!
Beyond leaving a review on Steam, we would also like to work with those of you who possess a keen eye for art.
Wanna Win Crytivo T-Shirt?
We want to update our screenshots section on Steam, and we thought it would be a great opportunity to see what kind of beautiful civilizations you’ve been nurturing! If you’d like to participate, send us your stunning screenshots in resolution 3840x2160 (4k) here: https://discord.gg/yAcQGgM. The best ones will become official screenshots on the Steam page, and the creators will receive one of fifteen limited edition PAX T-shirts.
Winners will be announced via Twitter and/or Facebook (make sure to follow us to see the results).
Don’t forget to leave us your thoughts down below! Have fun with the update, everyone!
Thank you all for your love and support!
The Crytivo Crew