The last mile is always the longest.
Hello, The Universim game community! We're here to update you on our progress as we wrap up the game's final touches. It's been a while, and we want to communicate with our fans. Here's our message:
First and foremost, thank you so much for being a part of our journey. It's been hard, it's been challenging, but we've made changes, improvements, and we're thrilled with the results. The Universim has been an incredible journey for our team. We've learned so much about game development and game communities, and we're incredibly proud of our achievements – we hope you are too.
The Universim is a truly unique game, unlike any other. It was an immensely challenging experience due to the complexity of the idea, technical limitations, and our rookie knowledge at that time. But no matter what, we kept pushing and pushing. We know it took us a while to get here, but if you ask us if we would do anything differently if we could start over, the answer would be no. We did what we could with an extremely limited budget. With a game like The Universim and its scope, you need a lot of financial support to make it happen. We managed to deliver almost all of our promises, but it took some time.
Today, we want to let you know that the game is almost complete. We're T minus 5 minutes from an epic gaming experience. Our development team has confirmed that all game systems are nearly a 'go' for launch. We've completed our final level checks, graphics are looking out-of-this-world, and the soundtrack is ready to blast off. Our game control check is complete, and player guidance is now internal. Communication channels between players and the game are crystal clear. The fun payload is secure, and we're ready to embark on this incredible gaming adventure. Strap in, gamers, and prepare for an exhilarating ride!
We're currently going through just a few final touches, addressing some areas that need balance checks, and then it's all in. The Universim will be FULLY COMPLETE. We estimate no more than 3 months of extra work before takeoff. So buckle up, Creators – it's been an amazing adventure, and we love you all. Expect a game trailer with the release date soon'ish.
Meantime, we are releasing a small update to improve some game aspects.
This small update provides Bug Fixes and improvements to the game.
- Lightning Strike: It now deals more damage to the Combat Units (tanks and helicopters)
- Combat Distance and Relationship with the Exiles: Previously, Exiles would attack you regardless of their relationship with you. Now, the system will consider your relationship with the Exiles in order to determine if they can attack you or not. The detection distance of Exiles was also reduced in order to prevent attacks from across the map.
- Exile Warning: A warning was added to notify the player if they are building too close to Exiles. The player can still proceed with building, but this will reduce the relationship level with Exiles, which might lead to an armed confrontation.
- Added tooltip deremoveions for resources needed for the traps in the hunter’s hut panel
- Forbid the use of God powers on imprisoned Nuggets through building panels and Nugget list icons
- Forbid the use of God powers through the Nuggets list and building icons on Nuggets picked off the ground by a UFO
- Auto assignment: Changed the auto assignment system so that the town hall won't assign a new Nugget while you are manually selecting to assign a new Nugget yourself
- Hospital Telekinesis: Added the ability to drop a Nugget into the hospital. Now, dropping a Nugget into the hospital will make the Nugget a patient.
- Twitch Integration Connection: Due to some major changes within Twitch itself, the Twitch integration stopped working for a period of time. We had to restructure some code within the game related to Twitch Integration in order to make it work for everyone.
- Exile Village Barracks and Hangars: They contributed to overall happiness and crime. This is fixed and no longer contributes or interferes with the player.
- Riots: An error was happening when rioting Nuggets were unable to find valid targets
- Sarlacc Error: Certain situations where the Nugget was being exiled or was dying and the Sarlacc grabbed this Nugget that exact second
- Mail Delivery Quest: Sometimes, mailboxes would spawn near Exiles.
- Cloud Saves: Some people experienced issues with cloud saves. This was due to the limited space provided by Steam for save files on the cloud. Now, the system will check for the oldest files on the cloud and overwrite them with the new ones. Therefore, the cloud will keep only relevant and the latest save files. All of your local save files will still be available.
- Collapsing certain buildings into builder bots would result in an error. This is no longer the case.
- Faith: In certain conditions, while traveling between planets, the Creator power generation was failing to update correctly
- Drones in Hangar and Barracks: Added a system that prevents drones from being assigned to military buildings
- Builder Bot Construction Site: Ensured that builder bots will cancel their building if their construction site was removed/destroyed
Over and out!